Tuesday 29 January 2013

Rheeven Redesign

I'm going to get Rheeven done first since he's one of the three main characters. As far as the original design for Rheeven goes, I really loved his outfit and how pointed his face was. But I felt he was too good looking. I wanted Rheeven to be a plain looking kind of guy to suit his struggle to be noticed as brilliant, rather than a handsome brain-box that could melt a heart from a mile off. 
As always the first step in the redesign was to change his proportions. I made him more slender and, in terms of my style, gave him long legs (which I may yet lengthen further). I kept his outfit and toyed with giving him knee-high boots, but given that his bodyguard is going to have thigh-high boots I felt that that was plenty boot to be getting along with. So shoes it was. The hair is a more simplified, cartoon version of the original so there’s not much to be said about it. Next was the face. I completely changed it making him look plain. A long face, thick wide set eyebrows, a long nose, a pointed chin and a dimple are the main features defining his character. I will be changing his blue eyes to green or grey (which will depend entirely upon what colour I give D'rosk's) and I've kept his glasses.

So what are your thoughts?


Rheeven Lo

Rheeven Lo For The Hadron Gateway


3 comments:

  1. he reminds me of giles from Buffy. Longer lets would work also

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never watched Buffy. Is that a good thing? I'll have to google him! :)

    ReplyDelete