Sunday 27 January 2013

Jen Redesign

As promised, here’s the first of the character redesigns - Jen. Her original design is first on the left of image two on the original design sheets. It’s not at the colour stage yet and she had her feet amputated in the scan, but I'm sure you can ignore that for now. Since I'm aiming to have something more western than anime I had to completely change the face and hair. I changed most of the design with the exception of the top half of her clothing but I tried to keep some of the essence of her. I made her look a bit more rough and ready to suit her personality a little better and naturally that also meant giving her trousers instead of a miniskirt. I gave her different proportions but I think I still have to give her bigger, more cartoon hands to suit my style. I'd like to keep the colour palette the same because it’s lovely and works perfectly. I might change her tattoos but I'm not sure on that yet so I'll have to wait and see.

So what are your thoughts on Jen's redesign?

Jen Vidaya For Hadron Gateway (Sketch)

2 comments:

  1. your style is clearly not anime/mangary. proportions and features wise both. she looks a fair bit older in the re design wich i think is a good thing becuase it makes her seem like a more intresting character.. the playfullness of a child but more world wise. with a tattoo to prove it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you think so! Jen is probably one of my favourite designs so far. I'm also considering giving her big inelegant boots to finish her off so that will add a little extra oomph to her

    ReplyDelete