Thursday 6 November 2014

The Belt

I have more updates! (Not the ones I intended, but in my defence I got distracted having fun with the art).
I've moved on to the story settings to get a feel for the environments the characters are going to be in. The following image is the concept for the Belt - D'rosk's world.


The Belt for Hadron Gateway

The Belt was earned its nickname for being somewhat like a conveyer belt system - raw materials from the Empire in one end and Atomwave warheads out of the other. It’s a cold and over populated environment so I tried to capture that with the cool colours. I haven't ever tried illustrating city scenes before so it's not something I feel comfortable with and since most of the story will be in built up areas I figured it was time to fix that. For the first go, I have to say I'm very pleased at how it turned out and I'm taking it as a good sign for the rest of the settings. I want each world's capital to be distinctly different so D’rosk’s is the only one that will be a frozen environment. Though it’s on the some latitude as all other Gate capitals, the Belt's natural environment was destroyed by pollution leading to total devastation and a rapid change in temperature known infamously as The Frost.

So what do you think of the Belt?

No comments:

Post a Comment