Saturday 23 March 2013

Done but not Dusted

Laythan's path is finished! After adding in three extra chunks it’s finally done. I haven’t been over it to edit it yet but I want to leave it a week or two so I can look over it with a fresh eye. So now that it’s complete I have found myself at a loss for what to do... My evenings suddenly seem so long and empty without it. It looks like I'll be getting back down to the artwork and concepts. Aside from that I need to work out the timing of all the events in Rheeven’s path to match up to Laythan's. The most difficult part about this is that Rheeven and D'rosk's paths are heavily intertwined by a character named Xenison, whose actions are very important to the overall progression of each path. Since D’rosk’s story still isn’t clear cut I'm going to have difficulty with Rheeven's.
Even so, I'm itching to start writing Rheeven's path. The world he has to deal with is really coming into focus and I feel for him over the adversities he faces which means I'm becoming attached to him. Once I become attached to all the characters the story writes itself. My only obstacle is the timing parameters.
So with Laythan's path standing at 112 266 words and set to loose a good few hundred of scene descriptions once the artwork is complete, I'm estimating the final number to be at 111 000. Rheeven’s is probably going to reach about an estimated 90 000 tops and D’rosk’s will most likely be around the same. At that sheer amount of story you'll certainly be getting value for money!

1 comment:

  1. Haha I like Laythan he is a idiot and I like idiots in stories or shows cos they create laughter and hysterics, so far Laythan has made me laugh a fair bit and i not read a huge amount yet. This seems very interesting as well I miss your stories like this I can't wait to hear more about it

    ReplyDelete