Monday 18 February 2013

The Last Scenes

I've been writing up the first of the three ending scenes and I've found that it’s the hardest part of the entire script so far. When there are 106000 words all leading up to one moment there's so much pressure to make it beyond perfect. I feel like I can’t quite convey the tension and emotion without loosing the action and vice versa. Another thing I have to think about is making sure I'm not patronising the audience by over stating the obvious - a habit I've gotten into recently. I have a feeling it’s going to take two or three shots to get this right. 
I would have liked to have finished it by now but with all the overtime at work I did over the last few weeks, it just hasn’t happened. I've been in the mood to get more done today but as it’s my birthday I can’t just sit at a laptop all day. My kind guinea pig, who has agreed to read the whole thing through, has been informed that the script should be finished in the next two weeks. If there are any problems raised I will make sure they are fixed and then it’s on to either the artwork or onto Rheeven's path (or maybe a bit of both).

No comments:

Post a Comment