Wednesday 19 June 2013

More Character Work


The writing has taken a back seat this past week or so, giving me a chance to get through some more artwork. Have a look and let me know what you think of them.

Filo

Filo For The Hadron Gateway


Filo is from Rheeven's story. I have to say I absolutely love her. I got her exactly the way I pictured and captured her personality. I originally wanted to give her full leg dungarees but I decided against it because her jacket was already covering her scrawny build and I felt she would loose character. I gave her a mismatched outfit to exaggerate the point that she’s not the type to ever look in a mirror. I used green and red to add a bit of a clash and an eyebrow piercing to show her more daring side.


Brendt

Brendt For The Hadron Gateway


Brendt is an oddly polite and colourful rebel in Laythan's story. He will be heavily involved in D'rosk's story too, but I'm not clear as to what part he will play. Like Filo, I managed to peg his personality and draw him just as I pictured. Brendt doesn’t have a scrawny build but he's definitely a short guy and one of the only characters that seems to keep himself looking presentable. He has a kind looking face to suit his gentle nature. Mostly his colours are natural with the exception of the splash of purple, which I added to emphasise his camp side.


I'll leave it at that this week and hopefully by next week I'll be showing you the finished version of D'rosk. And just as an update on the writing - the word count on Rheeven's script is now at 33500 and could do being cut down. I might try and merge some scenes together where possible which will also quicken the pace.

2 comments:

  1. I love Filo! Shes my favourite design out of them all so far. Maybe because you had no starting point for her like most of the others? I feel like I know her character without reading which means you've hit the nail on the head. Although I have to say that goes for most of your characters. Brendt has a very kind, paternal professor look about him which is interesting for a rebel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love drawing her. Because her character in the story is very exaggerated I get to give her exaggerated body language and expressions and it makes it so much more enjoyable.

      Delete